Sessions are typically 50-minutes in length and are available in-person, via video conference, or over the phone.
Insurance plans currently accepted:
- Alaska Medicaid (aka Denali Care & Kids Care)
- Beacon Health Options
- First Choice Health
- Premera Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alaska (also all other BCBS & Federal BCBS plans)
- United Healthcare
Other insurance information:
- If Dr. Swinton does not accept your insurance, he is happy to bill your insurance company as an out-of-network provider.
- If you have a copay plan, you will be required to pay the copay at each appointment.
- All clients wishing to bill a third party for treatment will be required to keep a credit or debit card on file.
For those who are paying out of pocket, uninsured, or whose treatment is not covered by insurance, Dr. Swinton’s normal rate is $240 per 50-minute session. These rates apply for first appointments and all follow-up appointments regardless of diagnosis or procedure code.
Total Self-Pay Cost Estimate
The No Surprises Act requires notification of the potential total cost of counseling. Cost can vary significantly depending on the number of sessions needed, session frequency, presenting challenges, diagnosis, implementation of counseling recommendations, and other varying factors. However, most people attend between 5 and 20 counseling sessions*. Hence, the potential total cost of therapy for those who are paying out of pocket, uninsured, or whose treatment is not covered by their insurance is as follows:
|Total cost of 5 sessions||Total cost of 12 sessions||Total cost of 20 sessions|
Payment Methods Accepted
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Health savings card (HSA)
- Flex spending card